Director of Revenue and Finance (Heaton Eye Associates)
- Client - Heaton Eye Associates
- Tyler, TX, USA
- Competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Full Time
About the Position
Heaton Eye Associates seeks an experienced finance director to provide recommendations and financial leadership to the board of directors. This opportunity is perfect for a candidate who brings a passion for excellence and strong financial and business acumen to the table. Whether working with our board of directors to achieve consensus or thoughtfully implement key strategic initiatives, the successful candidate will demonstrate high emotional intelligence, embrace our leadership team's collaborative approach, possess a sound understanding of financial management in a medical practice, and thoroughly comprehend medical practice operations. This position will be based out of our Tyler, TX location, with nominal travel to satellite offices throughout the year.
To submit your CONFIDENTIAL application, resume, and cover letter
please complete the information at right.
No calls or emails, please.
If you already have a profile in our Career Center, please choose LOGIN (upper right corner)
About the Practice
Heaton Eye Associates has been serving East Texas' vision needs for more than 30 years, with four locations offering state-of-the-art technology and services, including primary vision care, pediatrics, oculoplastic, cosmetic, and world-class laser surgery. Recently, Heaton Eye was named "Best Place in East Texas to Have LASIK" by Tyler Morning Telegraph readers. Our dedicated physicians strive to enhance the quality of our patients' lives by providing reassurance, improving and maintaining vision, and preventing blindness through education and treatment.
About the Area
Our East Texas locations in Longview, Tyler, Athens, and Henderson offer year-round activities the entire family can enjoy. In Longview, you can experience Texas's rich history and culture. Tyler is surrounded by 25 prime sporting lakes, offering wonderful opportunities for fishing and boating. In the spring, Tyler residents enjoy the colorful spring flowers. Athens, whose tag line is Hamburgers-Heritage-Texas, has the charm of a small, southern town while still retaining many qualities of a larger city and is home to the East Texas Arboretum and Botanical Society. Henderson, a Texas Main Street City, is located in the heart of the Piney Woods of East Texas, where you can step back in time and watch history come alive. Henderson's National Register Historic District has the most picturesque downtown square in East Texas.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a related field such as business management, finance, or accounting.
- Managerial and accounting experience in the health care industry, preferably in a private practice setting. Additional facility/ASC experience is beneficial.
- Past employment in at least one of the following positions: practice administrator, financial controller, financial director/manager, practice accountant, or CFO.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience managing staff/direct reports.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience managing/reporting on financial aspects of a health care entity with at least $15 million in annual collections.
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft® Excel and QuickBooks.
- Stable employment history with demonstrated growth and ability to handle increased responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to foster a team environment.
- Proven financial skills and sufficient knowledge of information technology to direct the operation of a computerized general ledger, A/P, A/R, payroll, and patient management system.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, specifically in a medical industry setting.
- Demonstrated experience preparing and managing budgets.
- Experience in negotiating medical insurance/payer participation agreements.
- Previous experience with Medicare and Medicaid programs.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Advanced degree preferred such as an MBA, MHA, or CPA.
- Experience with a fully integrated medical office practice management software package, including EHR (preferably NextGen).
- Familiarity with professional corporations, human resource regulations, productivity reporting, CPT coding, accounts receivable management, provider contracting issues, physician compensation methodology, and general state/federal regulations impacting medical practices and small businesses (e.g., HIPAA, OSHA).
- Experience negotiating loan/lease terms and business/vendor contracts.
- Ability to manage people in a collaborative environment to create a positive work culture and achieve company goals.
- Ability to present complex materials in an easily understood manner.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
FINANCIAL AND PRACTICE OPERATIONS:
Provide recommendations to the board of directors for financial policies of all entities.
- Implement all approved financial policies, as well as pertinent local, state, and federal regulations pertaining to billing, allocation of payments, collections, write-offs, payroll, etc.
- Ensure all business activity is conducted in line with company values, policies, and ethics codes of conduct.
- Review and analyze the financial and operational performance of all entities ' including billing, collecting, insurance processing, payroll, accounts payable, monthly accounting and daily cash management (including internal controls, management of patient care data, and staff compliance with financial policies).
- Provide monthly financial reports to the CEO, COO, and board of directors.
- Make recommendations for improving the company's financial position and achieving goals.
- Coordinate budget preparation for all sites annually prior to each fiscal year and establish regular monthly reporting to compare budget to actual performance.
- Review and analyze the use of business resources, including personnel, facilities, equipment, records, supplies, and capital to achieve optimal efficiency and effectiveness in all departments/entities.
- Evaluate and recommend contracts for any payers, including managed care programs.
- Work with the HR director to prepare reports for necessary payroll, benefits, and related audits.
- Work with the HR director to prepare physician payroll and track shareholder compensation.
- Work with the COO and management team to provide reporting and analytical support as needed and coordinate daily operations.
- Evaluate leases, insurance contracts, and other business contracts to reduce financial risk and ensure achievement of financial goals.
- Work with external resources as necessary to conduct feasibility studies for projects selected by company leadership.
- Meet regularly with key managers to review practice operations and the integrity of financial policies, especially financial safeguards and issues impacting patient satisfaction.
- Monitor and make recommendations regarding staffing levels, benefit programs, and payroll processing.
- Coordinate with the HR coordinator, COO, and direct staff supervisors to plan effective staffing that meets company goals.
- Review implementation of system-wide program to assess quality, determine problem areas, develop recommendations, implement changes, and assess results for improving customer satisfaction (customers meaning ' patients, managed care plans, employers, referring physicians, and others).
- Review reports and advise on benchmarking, point-of-service collections, average collections per doctor per patient visit, patient follow-up system, and other related systems.
- Lead, manage, and direct TEAM members assigned to you, as well as conduct counseling and TEAM member reviews in a timely and efficient manner.
SENSORY, MOTOR REQUIREMENTS
- Extensive use of computers, 10-key, and keyboarding.
- Travel among office locations.
- Sitting in long meetings.
- Sitting at a desk 60-80 percent of the day.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Heaton Eye Associates is an equal employment opportunity employer and complies with all applicable laws relating to discrimination against qualified applicants or employees in hiring or in any decision affecting job status, pay, or any other terms and conditions of employment based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, age, or other applicable protected classes.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media
Share This Page