- Client - BDPEC
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Competitive Salary and Benefits Package
- Full Time
Barnet-Dulaney-Perkins Eye Center (www.goodeyes.com) seeks experienced, highly skilled Director of Nursing. A job description for this position is provided below.
The practice has partnered with BSM Consulting (www.bsmconsulting.com) to conduct the application process. No calls or emails, please.
To submit your CONFIDENTIAL application,
please complete the information at right, and click on Apply for this Position.
If you already have a profile on our Career Center,
please click on Log In, in the upper right corner.
About Barnet-Dulaney-Perkins Eye Center (BDPEC): For more than 35 years, the practice has been providing state of the art medical and surgical eye care in the greater Phoenix Area of Arizona. With 16 locations and more than 45 doctors, the practice is considered one of the largest and most trusted ophthalmology practices in the nation.
Mission: The goal of BDPEC is to coordinate a remarkable patient experience by attentively anticipating patient needs and delivering more service than patients expect. We provide superior patient care by investing in both advanced technology and advanced education of our associates. We add value to our community by promoting employee life balance, by our charitable works, and by providing the best choices for improved vision. We create prosperity by sustaining profitability so that continued investments can be made in our technology and our people.
About The Lifestyle: In addition to prestige and challenge, this job opportunity will also afford the successful candidate with an ideal lifestyle opportunity. The City of Phoenix averages nearly 300 days of sunshine per year - and all that a sunny lifestyle has to offer: world class golfing; breathtaking outdoor attractions like Agua Fria National Monument – and not too distant Grand Canyon; the largest privately owned non-profit zoo in the United States; and of course home to major league sports teams, including the NBA's Phoenix Suns, MLB's Arizona Diamondbacks, and NFL's Arizona Cardinals. Arizona State University, University of Phoenix, and several prestigious private institutions, provide a college town feel in this metropolitan environment. The Phoenix Union High School District is one of the largest school districts in the country, in addition to four unified school districts covering grades K-12. The top five industries in the city include real estate, finance and insurance, manufacturing, retail trade, and healthcare. With all that the area has to offer, Phoenix is an excellent area in which to create a highly desirable work-life balance.
Position: Director of Nursing
Department: Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC)
Reports to: Governing Body
Summary of Position: Director of Nursing is the official representative of the Governing Body and fulfills the organization's mission, goals, and objectives and ensures the provision of high-quality health services through the implementation of the policies as defined by the Governing Body. The Director of Nursing will be delegated responsibility and authority by the Governing Body for management of the surgery centers, and is a liaison between the Governing Body and provider staff.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Registered nurse with current license to practice as a professional nurse in the state of Arizona.
- Required BLS and ACLS certifications.
- Two years' operating room experience; private ASC experience a plus.
- A minimum of 5-years in a senior level medical management position. Ophthalmology experience preferred but not required.
- RN/BSN required; MS in nursing or health administration preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education, experience, and training that would provide the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary for the successful performance of the essential job responsibilities.
- Extensive managerial experience including proven success in building and leading a high performing, multi-disciplinary and multi-location teams.
- A working knowledge of computer hardware and software. Experience with a fully-integrated medical office software package, including electronic medical records, is necessary.
- Organization with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Problem-solver with analytical skills.
- Empathetic personality with concern for patients' needs.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with the Governing Body to implement goals and objectives for the facility.
- Directs provision of nursing care according to patient care standards.
- Plans for appropriate number and levels of staff to meet nursing care needs based on patient requirements and staff qualifications.
- Ensures that proper quantities of supplies are available and that necessary equipment is available and in good repair; supervises inventory and ordering of supplies.
- Coordinates hiring of clinical services' personnel and evaluates the performance of ASC staff; implements salary adjustments, counseling, performance management, and discharge.
- Encourages and provides the opportunity for the staff's professional development and achievement of annual performance objectives.
- Establishes and maintains visible professional relationships; accepts authority and responsibility for nurse/physician relationships which enhance patient care.
- Promotes cooperation with all departments and doctors' offices through effective lines of communication.
- Maintains own professional growth through continuing education and participation in professional organizations.
- Encourages staff participation in, and provides resources to the staff that perform the following duties, including but not limited to: Quality Improvement (CQI), scheduling of staff, inventory (ordering/receiving of supplies/drugs), staff development and training, risk management/safety committees, review of policies and procedures.
- Serves as a member of the Quality Assurance Committee
- Appoints charge nurse who assumes management responsibilities in the absence of the clinical nurse manager.
- Establishes and implements policies and procedures for acquisition, storage, dispensation, accountability, and proper handling of all drugs.
- Oversees handling of bio-hazardous waste utilizing policies and procedures developed according to regulatory agency guidelines.
- Establishes policies/procedures which enforce rules, regulations, and legal requirements of regulatory bodies/accreditation groups, facilitating any visits from these groups by providing written/verbal information requested.
- Coordinates preparation for a quarterly medical staff meeting with nurse manager by overseeing PEER review process, review of admissions and vitrectomy reports.
- Reviews FTE report every two weeks, making staffing adjustments as necessary.
- Oversees orientation of new clinical personnel.
- Assists with providing service code and fee schedules for surgical procedures.
- Monitors occurrence reports and provides follow-up as needed.
- Assists with monitoring completion of medical records.
- Respects the privacy of patients and patient information at all times; complies with all privacy policies and procedures, including the obligation to protect the confidentiality of patient information and to safeguard the privacy of patient information at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed.
- Works with the Governing Body to develop annual operating budgets and to manage ASC operations against that budget on a monthly basis.
- Collaborates with the Governing Body to recommend capital acquisitions for improved patient service, efficiency, and profitability.
- Works with the senior management team to standardize ASC operations directly impacting revenue cycle management.
- Partners with practice development to improve overall ASC revenue.
- Conducts procedure cost analysis and provides recommendations for patient pricing.
- Monitors patient satisfaction/feedback for ASC to identify and act upon opportunities for improved service.
- Supports policies and strategic initiatives endorsed by the Governing Body.
- Actively supports medical provider and patient care staff initiatives to improve patient outcomes.
- Works closely with management staff and medical providers to identify opportunities for reducing operating expenses and enhancing ASC revenue.
- Oversees major technology initiatives that impact ASC efficiency.
- Stays current with changing governmental regulations and ensures ASC compliance.
- Works in close collaboration with clinic management to foster a positive, patient-centered, team-based work environment.
- Serves as a liaison between the Governing Body, Medical Director, and other providers
- Assures compliance with state and federal regulations such as OSHA, HIPAA, Affirmative Action, and other human resource issues.
- Addresses the relationships with competing health care organizations to avoid antitrust and restraint of trade concerns.
- Deals with inquiries from governmental agencies, attorneys, consumer advocate groups, reporters and the media.
- Resolves escalated patient complaints and complex staffing challenges or issues.
- Conducts periodic reviews of management personnel who report to the position.
- Develops an appropriate management infrastructure in order to improve communication and efficiency.
- Holds regular meetings with the management team and office staff.
- Develops protocols for continuing education of staff.
- Prolonged periods of walking and standing.
- Periods of intense activity requiring timely decision making.
- Possible exposure to anesthesia gasses/agents, blood and blood borne pathogens, infectious diseases, and hazardous waste.
- Willingness to travel to surgery centers located throughout the state of Arizona. May involve some overnight trips.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
BarnetDulaneyPerkins Eye Center is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and complies with all applicable laws relating to discrimination against qualified applicants or employees in hiring or in any decision affecting job status, pay, or any other terms and conditions of employment based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, age, or other applicable protected classes.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media
Share This Page